Review: Burn For Me by Ilona Andrews


Title: Burn For Me
Author: Ilona Andrews
Series: Hidden Legacy, #1
Publisher: Avon
Release Date: October 28, 2014
Pages: 384
Rating:

Nevada Baylor is faced with the most challenging case of her detective career—a suicide mission to bring in a suspect in a volatile case. Nevada isn’t sure she has the chops. Her quarry is a Prime, the highest rank of magic user, who can set anyone and anything on fire.

Then she’s kidnapped by Connor “Mad” Rogan—a darkly tempting billionaire with equally devastating powers. Torn between wanting to run or surrender to their overwhelming attraction, Nevada must join forces with Rogan to stay alive.

Rogan’s after the same target, so he needs Nevada. But she’s getting under his skin, making him care about someone other than himself for a change. And, as Rogan has learned, love can be as perilous as death, especially in the magic world.

"Now I have something to prove to you," he said. "I promise you, I will win, and by the time I'm done, you won't walk, you'll run to jump into my bed." 

I have been waiting for this book for so long and it's finally here and it was so good. I will read anything that Ilona Andrews writes, because the story is always amazing with great plot, dialogue and characters you will love.

In this new world, it is all about the magic and our heroine Nevada Baylor is forced to take on a assignment that is extremely dangerous and one where she may die where she is searching for fire starter, Adam Pierce, but if she doesn't she and her family loose everything. Mad Rogan is also looking for Adam for entirely different reasons. He kidnapps Nevada to gain any and all information she has on Adam, but Nevada is one tough cookie and won't give in to this man, and so they work together to get Adam Pierce.

“You seem to be under the impression that I work for you and you can give me orders. Let me fix that." I hung up.” 

I loved our heroine Nevada Taylor, she the typical Ilona Andrews heroine. She's somewhat normal and would do anything for her family and to keep them safe, and she's totally bad ass at times. And wants to be with someone who loves her or will truly care for me, but she finds herself wildly attracted to Mad Rogan who she doesn't want to start a relationship with at all.Well, Mad Rogan plans to win that battle with Nevada and have her.

Mad Rogan is kinda a sociopath, but one of those good sociopath's you want to love. He has this idea where he does not follow the law. He basically is the law, if he decides someone is threatening him and he finds them annoying he will kill them, and that is not okay with Nevada. But in someway Nevada brings in strength and light to him in his darkest moments and he is very attracted to her and declares he will win her at any cost.

"I just realized I shouldn't be in the same vehicle with you. In fact, I shouldn't have called you in the first place, so I'm trying very hard to rewind time." He grinned. I"ve amused the dragon. Whee. 

In Ilona Andrew's Kate Daniels series I really enjoyed the run and chase, sexual tension, and "I will make you mine" part of the series, and I am looking forward to that in the Hidden Legacy series as well. For me, it's the best part of books like these. So I am being tortured waiting for next book in this series and I cannot wait to get more Nevada and Mad Rogan.



1 comment :

  1. Oooh, lookie! We're Ilona Andrews twinsies today. Hehe! I'm hoping to listen to this in audio really soon; I've come to expect nothing but the best from this author duo, and I have no doubt that I'll love Nevada Baylor & Mad Rogan almost as much as Kate & Curran... eventually. ;)

    Carmel @ Rabid Reads.

    ReplyDelete